Which do I rent?? Advice needed!!

Discussion in 'General VR Discussions' started by Sam_S1, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Sam_S1

Sam_S1 New Member

Hey Guys,

I'm a student at the moment so unsurprisingly funds are tight but I'm a massive gamer and I really want to try out a VR headset. I've done some research and I've found a site that will let me hire a VR headset for a few days which seems pretty ideal to me.

As this is going to be a one off for me I want to make sure i get one which A) i can use, B) has a decent games library. My options are: PS4 Vr, HTC Vive and the Oculus rift DK2.

I should point out i own a ps4 and a PC with a gtx 1050. Would i be able to run the PC headsets or is it simpler to go with Ps4? (i should also note the ps4 one is most expensive to hire).

I found them here - https://fatlama.com/browse-items

Any and all help would be amazing!

thanks
  2. Brian Casey

Brian Casey New Member

Home page:
    Oculus rift will be a good option for you. It has good reviews till now.
  3. VRSteve

VRSteve Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    Oculus Rift is definitely a good option. The HTC Vive is also very popular amongst our customer.
  4. Sam_S1

Sam_S1 New Member

With regards to the PS4 VR - what is the best game to test it with. One of them comes with Driveclub, racing could be very interesting - or another has resident evil. Zombies seems right up my street. Does it really make a difference, what games performed best with VR?

5. VRSteve

VRSteve Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    Racing is amazing in VR if you have a steering wheel. I don't think it would be as good without one. One of my favourite PS VR games is Headmaster, it's nice and easy to play.